Pages

Friday 29 May 2015

My American Adventure: Intro



Hello everyone!

I am writing this from the other side of the Atlantic. Yesterday, I started my American adventure here in New York.

I'll be here during the summer and I've decided to post my experiences, a few times a week on this blog.

I am looking forward to the experiences that are yet to come.

I've only been here for one day but I already love it. The people that I have met so far have been so friendly. The weather is nice at the moment and the shops are so cool.

New York is very diverse in culture and I love that.

Something that has stood out for me so far is the opportunities people are taking advantage of to better their situation and develop personally. I met a young lady who is also from England when we were leaving the airport and she is here for 5 months to work. She managed to get a job in a hotel and they are paying for her accommodation and food! Cool right?


All the people I have met and talked to so far are bi-lingual and speak at least 3 languages, fluently. Such skills make you employable, a real asset where you work and creates doors of opportunities.

I am learning Spanish at the moment so I can interact more with people. I will be in contact with a lot of Hispanics when I start the legal community work in New York City so it's good to learn. Even though I will have an interpreter, I want to communicate directly with people when necessary.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to reading about your experiences :))
    I hope you have an amazing summer here!

    ReplyDelete