Pages

Thursday 4 June 2015

My American Adventure: Style observation



I've been in New York for a week now and something that I have noticed is that everyone has there own sense of style. I am yet to meet people dressed the same or following a certain fashion trend.

Of course, they're certain things in fashion that people will wear according to the season but what I've noticed is that people are comfortable to wear what they want to wear. They wear it in their own way and as long as it looks good on them and they like it, it's all good!


 I see people wearing stuff I've only ever seen in urban music videos or photo shoots. People really do dress as you see them dress on TV.


I haven't sensed the pressure I sense in England for people to follow the latest fashion trend. In England we are too caught up in what everyone else is wearing. Subconsciously asking ourselves, "do we look cool, do we fit in or will we look out of date?"


 The culture is not authentic as here. We what our friends are wearing but not always what shows our personality, what represents us. I think people are afraid to embrace their uniqueness and be creative.


I'm going to take pictures of the different styles I see here in New York so you get an idea of what I am saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment