Pages

Saturday 8 August 2015

My American Adventure: Visiting Texas, Pt 3




We went to Dallas and I was shown the spot where former president John F. Kennedy was fatally shot.

We also went right to the top of the Reunion Tower where you can see the whole of Dallas. It was so beautiful and I was in awe of how big the city is. I could see the lakes, prison, corporate buildings, hotels, high ways and bridges. Dallas is a big city with a lot going on. While you're at the top, the building rotates  round so you see the whole city without having to move. I thought that was pretty cool.



Afterwards we went around for a while then went to get something to eat. We were driving around for almost 2 hours because of traffic. It's very busy and after a certain time, you can find yourself stuck in traffic for a long time due to congestion.

We ate at Red Lobster. I've seen the restaurant  in New York and Maryland but never went. I thought it was a restaurant that served fish dishes only but they have meat dishes such as steak too.

The prices are decent and you definitely get your moneys worth. I couldn't even finish the appetizers in time for the main course. I had lobster pizza, cheese biscuit and salad for starters. For my main course, I had steak and shrimp with mash potato and fries. It was gorgeous. I absolutely loved it.

You're fed well here in Texas but you have to be careful. If you're not very active and if you don't have a gym membership or have exercise equipment in your house and fail to use it regularly, you'll be in trouble with the scales lol.

I couldn't even squeeze the desert in so took it home but didn't eat it until the next day because I still had the chocolate cake to eat from my first night in Texas, which took my 3 days to eat due to always being full when it came to desert time lol.

When we arrived home in the evening, we were visited by Tony and Sheila, friends of my aunt and uncle. Tony was also one of my dad's best friend's during their teenage years. They're so lovely and lived in Bristol, in the UK before moving to the States 8 years ago.

I've met quite a lot of people who used to live in the UK but moved to the US when they were presented with better opportunities. They are all doing so well and have achieved a lot in a short space of time.


 A place doesn't necessarily bring the success, you can achieve it anywhere you decide to sow you're seed and watering it by willing to work hard until you reap the fruits. I do agree that certain countries provide better opportunities for development depending on the area you want to establish a career in and for these people, US had these opportunities that the UK at the time didn't have for them.




No comments:

Post a Comment